Saturday, May 12, 2007

A NIGHT AT HENNESSEY'S TAVERN

Imagine such a place as drinking paradise. Well this place was not that not to worry. :)

But I remember the night well enough. It was I think the 1st Friday night in May. I was doing nothing special, just came back from lab as usual. I wanted to do something exciting. I buzzed a few friends and nothing... no response from anyone. Yeah, I forgot people were still going through what was called the mid-term week. And it has been more than a year since I had gone through that phase. Well I thought my Friday evening was a bummer. Then I remembered that I had met with Lydia the day before and she had told me to get in t ouch with her so that we could go out and drink. Yeah that was the spirit. And that’s exactly what happened.
So anyways I got in touch with her and we headed out with her friend from Sandiego. We headed out and picked up Robbie and Tanya on the way to this place.
This place was a good 20 min drive away in Laguna Beach. Ah what a place. I think we got there at around 9.00 in the night. Quite early for a Friday night one might say. But the night was worth every minute.
I am not going to go into much detail. But I am just going to tell you what exactly I had. And I am doing all that in order... so here goes.
a. 4- bottles of Heineken beer.
And then the fun part begins.
b. Irish Car Bomb.
I am going to exactly explain each and every drink of mine from now on. :D
SO Irish car bomb: it goes like this. Pour Guinness beer into a tall thick glass and then in a shot glass mix, Bailey's Irish cream and Irish whiskey. Now drop the shot glass into the Guinness glass and dump in all into you. Ah it tasted like chocolate milk with a good kick in it. :D
Well I don't remember or know the taste of the rest of the drinks very well after this point.
c. A coffee shot... damn they made it a little sweet for my taste though.
d. Long Island ice tea. Now everyone knows what’s in it right.
Now is when t he fun part starts. By now I am totally drunk and busted. he he.
e. Sex with an alligator. WOW what a name.
So this is what it had, Melon Liqueur, sweet and sour mix, raspberry Liqueur and Jagermeister. Now I don’t know which order that was poured in or how it was made. But it tasted bloody good.
And I was not done. The last one was the greatest one or the one which made us leave the pub.
f. Red headed slut. Yeah baby.
Peach schnapps, Jagermeister and some cranberry juice mixed well and poured in a shot glass.
Now the same as above, except at that point I know it hit me.

I think we made it back to Lydia's place in one piece; oh yeah on the way to her place we dropped by my place to pick up more whiskey and vodka. I made it back home at close to 5.00 in the morning. Not bad right. And what more I didn't have a bad hangover the next day. I don't know how I managed it.

I just love days like that. Anyone who loves alcohol and a good party time or a great Friday night would.

Try out some of these drinks. I usually refer to http://www.drinksmixer.com/ when I need to make a good drink.
So have a great time tying these out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kudikaara dawg.PhD in biotech, or forms of Alcohol?